NEW $75,000 Creative BC Music Grant for Sound Recording
Creative BC has launched a new Sound Recording Pilot Program. Here are some eligibility requirements and information for anyone who may be interested in applying!
The Sound Recording Pilot Program is for BC artists and music companies to apply for sound recording funding. The program requires a minimum of $3000 budget and will cover 50% of your expenses up to $75,000 in funding.
The program is first come first serve and applications are open until November 30, 2016:
- Applicant music be incorporated and have a certificate of incorporation in BC or Canada as proof.
- Applicant must own 100% of the master recording
- Applicant needs to be a resident of BC for the last 200 of the 365 days prior to the application and filed BC taxes last year prior to the date of the application.
- The project must be released commercially and may be an album, record or single development.
- Recording must take place in a commercial studio relating to the project and costs incurred after May 1, 2016 or later.
Items you will need to complete in order to apply:
- Fill in an application form
- Provide proof of your certificate of incorporation
- Provide a contract between the applicant and artists outlining the ownership or licensing of master recording
- A detailed sound recording budget outline all eligible costs and activities for which you are requesting funding.
- Recording items such as studio time, rentals, engineer, mixing, mastering, producer fees, hired musicians and album art work.
- Any travel costs to fly a producer or musician from out of province into BC to record at a BC studio
Some ineligible items
- Any recording items taking place out side of BC
- Any donated or in-kind services
- If the project does not happen or take place, any funding income is mandatory to pay back otherwise this grant is non-recoupable Provincial funding.
The application results is said to take 4 – 6 weeks for reviewal, and applicants will be notified via email.
To check out a full listing of eligibility and the application form, visit: http://www.creativebc.com/programs/bc-music-fund#faq-s