Creative BC launched new grants from December through till March!
PROGRAMS LAUNCHING FROM DECEMBER 2016 THROUGH MARCH 2017
- Sound Recording Program – Budgets may be $3000 or higher and will cover 50% of sound recording expenses in BC, up to a maximum of $75,000. Applicants must be BC incorporated or a registered business in BC and own 100% of the master recordings. For full info and eligibility: http://www.creativebc.com/database/files/library/SoundRecordingProgram_Guidelines_1617_120116.pdf
- Live Music – BC-based festivals, venues, event producers, and presenters are eligible to apply for a grant to cover up to 25-50% of project expenses. Deadlines for applications are February 1, 2017, and June 1, 2017. Additional intakes may occur in November 2017 and February 2017 if funds are still available. Live Music Program Budget: $2.5 million: http://www.creativebc.com/database/files/library/BCMF_LiveMusic_Guidelines_1617.pdf
- Research – Not-for-profit organizations and BC-based businesses are eligible to apply for up to 50% of project costs. Research Program Budget: $300,000 Projects must demonstrate a collective benefit to BC’s music industry, or to one aspect of BC’s music industry, and cannot predominantly benefit one artist, company or organization. The final research project must be shared publicly for the benefit of BC’s music sector. http://www.creativebc.com/database/files/library/BCMF_Research_Guidelines_1617.pdf
- Industry Initiatives Not-for-profit organizations and BC-based businesses are eligible to apply for 50% of project costs, a minimum of $5000 and up to $60,000.
Eligible activities include:Industry conferences, forums, events, and activities;Opportunities for training, professional development, and growing business networks;Collaborative business initiatives, showcases, trade missions or export activitiesInnovation business projects such as a new online music platform or feasible study. There are rolling deadlines do we can get this together whenever you’re ready to proceed. The first step necessary before submitting an application is to submit a one-page summary to the project coordinator to get approval for this funding program. Summary for approval: http://applications.creativebc.com/industry-initiatives-program/
- Careers of BC Artists (COMING SOON)
- Music Company Development (COMING SOON)
- Innovation (COMING SOON)
To apply for funding from the BC Music Fund, please visit: www.bcmusicfund.com
To use me as a grant writer to apply for any of the BC Music Fund programs, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about Creative BC, please visit: www.creativebc.com
To find out more about Music BC, please visit: www.musicbc.org